Asics Gel Kinsei 6
The Asics Gel Kinsei 6 is a good and comfortable road shoe of very good quality with moderate but soft cushioning.
- Very comfortable shoe
- Excellent quality
- Attractive design and colours
- Roomy toe-box
- High price (more than 200 euros originally though it can now be found for much cheaper)
Model: Asics Gel Kinsei 6
- AHAR (Highly Abrasion Resistant Asics Rubber) provides a very durable protective layer that shields the shoe from wear and tear due to running on urban surfaces. AHAR is very durable and holds well to help extend the life of the outsole and the shoe in general.
- In addition, the Asics Gel Kinsei 6 features Flex Grooves inserted deep into the sole. These are flexible lines that are supposed to allow the foot to move freely. They prevent the impressive thickness of the sole from reducing the flexibility of the shoe.
- The FluidRide 2.0 technology, developed by Asics, defines the midsole of the Asics Gel Kinsei 6. As a result, the midsole incorporates a lightweight double-layer structure made of Solyte (light foam) and spEVA (rebounding foam). This combination is designed to provide good shock absorption without compromising the shoe’s natural bounce.
- Furthermore, the Gel Cushioning System is very prominent, especially in the heel area. It’s also added to the forefoot to push off more effectively during the run.
- Finally, Propulsion Trusstic is a technology that prides itself on complementing the functions of the connective tissue of the foot. It is supposed to compress before the push phase of the stride and relax when the forefoot leaves the ground for more bounce.
- The Asics Gel Kinsei 6 uses a FluidFit upper that translates into a flexible engineered mesh that stretches with the movements of the foot in all directions.
- The upper uses a Seamless Construction which, in theory, makes it possible to wear this shoe without socks and avoids unpleasant chafing and rubbing.
- In addition, the shoes have a Heel Clutching System counter to keep the heel in place during the run.
- Finally, the Comfort Dry X-40 Sock Liner insole adds light cushioning to the shoe while providing better moisture control to keep foot cool and dry.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
What kind of support does the Asics Gel Kinsei 6 offer?
It is a neutral shoe model. Therefore, although it offers comfortable support, particularly thanks to the GEL technology, it is not intended to stabilise the foot. It should be noted here that at present there is little scientific evidence to indicate that a stability shoe is more effective than a universal shoe in reducing the risk of injury.
How does the Asics Gel Kinsei 6 fit?
This model fits true to size so you can order your usual size. In addition, this model is available in several widths to suit athletes with wide feet.
Why are there no Asics Gel Kinsei 7?
The sixth version of this model dates back to 2015 and there is no Kinsei 7 at the moment. In fact, it seems that Asics has decided to take this model out of its running range and turn it into a fashion icon instead. So the seventh version is actually the Asics Gel-Kinsei OG which is part of the lifestyle collection of the Japanese brand: Asics Tiger. This makes sense as it is a relatively heavy model for running. There are other excellent Asics models to compensate anyway such as the Nimbus and the Cumulus.
Asics Gel Kinsei 6 vs Asics Gel Nimbus 21
These two road shoes are premium models in the Asics range. They also offer similar cushioning: comfortable and soft. However, the Nimbus is lighter with over 30 grams less for the men’s version.