Asics GT 1000 10 Review Analysis (2021)
Discover the latest version of the series: Asics GT 1000 11!
Last update: March 2023
The Asics GT 1000 10 is an affordable daily trainer built for stability.
Like most Asics models, the GT 1000 10 is responsive and peppy while maintaining enough firmness for adequate support. It’s primarily due to the FlyteFoam midsole, one of the flagship cushioning technologies of the Japanese brand that we find on many of its shoes, including the high-end ones. While FlyteFoam works well for many runners, some have reported excessive rigidity from this midsole technology, making long rides uncomfortable. However, this model is packed with GEL cushioning under the heel, improving the GT-1000 10’s energy return and shock absorption. The upper of the shoe is pretty standard, with mesh material and no overlays to enhance foot breathability. The outsole uses Asics High Abrasion Rubber—a carbon rubber that handles both wet and dry road conditions.
Since it’s a stability model, it comes with a dense foam unit to guide the foot and center it while running. According to testers, it’s not too intrusive and doesn’t make the shoe too heavy: with 281 g/9.9 oz (men’s version), it’s relatively lightweight for a support model.
Those who tried the GT 1000 10 were happy with it, though they noted that this is not the shoe for full or half-marathons. This shoe provides an excellent ride for runners who participate in 5 or 10k races or enjoy shorter-distance runs. It’s even a great pick for new runners who are just getting their feet wet (no pun intended)! The only other notable comment was that this model tends to run on the wider side. Those with unusually narrow feet will need to tighten the laces for adequate stability or look for other options. In summation, the GT-1000 10 is available at an unbeatable price for the quality and stability it provides. It performs well for what it was designed to do, and we recommend it for casual, new, or short-distance runners.
- Good comfort
- Nice cushioning
- Discreet and lightweight stability feature
- Sturdy and affordable
- Fits a bit wide according to some runners
- AHAR: a sturdy rubber that ensures great traction on urban terrains. It has a sponge-like texture to give a softer ride, especially under the forefoot.
- The midsole uses FlyteFoam: a lightweight and energetic foam compound that disperses shocks on the road and increases the energy return for a comfortable and snappy ride. It combines a unique elastomer and super organic nanofibers to keep it sharp even after numerous runs.
- The midsole consists of Rearfoot GEL, a silicon-based cushioning pad inserted under the heel that dampens the impact when the foot hits the ground.
- DuoMax Support System: a stability feature that consists of a dense piece of foam to prevent excessive pronation.
- The upper of the Asics GT 1000 10 is an engineered mesh that gives a secure and comfortable foot lockdown while letting the foot breathe, especially when you go faster.
- The Integrated Support System gives a fitted and pleasant foot support.
|Heel stack height||33 mm|
|Forefoot stack height||23 mm|
|Weight (men)||281 g/9.9 oz|
|Weight (women)||238 g/8.4 oz|
|Softness (1-5)||2 – Firm|
|Bounce (1-5)||3 – Moderate|
|Midsole||FlyteFoam, Rearfoot GEL, DuoMax Support System|
|Upper||Engineered mesh, Integrated Support System|
|Distance||Short, mid, 5k, 10k|
Comparisons – Asics GT 1000 10 vs.:
Asics GT 2000
See the side-by-side comparison.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, this model fits regularly length-wise. However, reviewers noted that the fit is wide and could be tricky for runners with narrow feet.
Yes, this shoe is a stability shoe, so its objective is to prevent overpronation. In any case, let’s note that stability running shoes are not necessarily a better choice than neutral shoes to avoid injury. Consequently, we recommend choosing your shoes according to their comfort, as it’s the most crucial criterion.
Yes, this model is suitable even if you’re a heavyweight runner. Indeed, The Asics GT 1000 10 has a 33 mm heel height, which is enough to support most people, so it should be safe to run with it regardless of your weight.
In theory, there should be no concern. Indeed, the shoe is comfortable and comes with high-stack cushioning suitable for long distances. However, despite the extensive cushioning, a few testers found it unsuitable over long distances and recommended the shoe mainly for shorter runs.
1 thought on “Asics GT 1000 10”
Overall, this is a great shoe for the price. Just got to get used to the feel of its support. It’s been a while since I’ve worn ASICS.
Durable, secure, can feel the support throughout mid foot Hoping to get knee pain relief with these shoes
Feet feel slightly suffocating after a 4-mile easy run
Slight knee pain, will probably need to break in more