- Good general comfort
- Lightweight for a stability shoe for overpronation
- A tightly fitting upper that keeps the foot securely and comfortably in place
- Sturdy shoe
- The rigid platform even after a few runs
- Rather firm cushioning that may not be suitable for all runners
- Tongue position is not the most comfortable
Model: Skechers GOrun Forza 4
- First, Goodyear equips the outsole of the Skechers GOrun Forza 4. It’s an extremely durable rubber found in car and bicycle tires. Plus, you can confidently handle city surfaces even in bad weather thanks to the shoe’s effective grip.
- The Dual durometer technology is a special platform that serves several functions like ensuring a better transition from heel to toe, increasing stability and resisting wear and tear.
- The midsole uses the HYPER BURST cushioning technology: a soft and light cushioning foam developed by Skechers through a chemical process called “supercritical fluid”. Its aim is to provide maximum shock dispersion throughout the run for great comfort. Also, this foam is praised for its responsive nature.
- Besides, there is the ULTRA FLIGHT technology. It consists of a light and springy support element on the medial part of the shoe which aims to prevent the foot from overpronating while running.
- Also, the “double density” design that combines soft (HYPER BUST) and firm (ULTRA FLIGHT) foams is supposed to reduce pronation by acting at the moment the foot comes into contact with the ground.
- Finally, M-Strike is designed to help the athlete adopt a more natural stride that emphasizes a midfoot strike instead of a heel strike. However, the reality is that there’s nothing wrong with heel striking. Studies have repeatedly shown that over 80% of of athletes heel strike, including professional athletes.
- The upper of the Skechers GOrun Forza 4 is a translucent mono mesh. It offers an effective and comfortable lockdown of the foot throughout the run. Also, it’s very breathable to increase airflow and prevent your foot from overheating during exercise as you go faster.
- The molded heel counter comfortably keep the foot secure in the shoe.
- Finally, the reflective pull tab allows you to put on and take off your shoes more quickly. Also, it allows you to be more visible in low visibility conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does the Skechers GOrun Forza 4 fit true to size?
This shoe follows a standard sizing system. Testers confirm that the shoe is true to size so that you can choose your usual size for running sneakers.
Is this model suitable for athletes who overpronate?
The purpose of this shoe is to stabilize the stride and, thus, avoid that the foot overpronate. Therefore, this shoe targets runners with overpronation who wish to adapt correct their movement to some extent. It features two stabilization technologies, including a firm element on the medial side of the sole. However, please note that for the moment, no scientific studies are establishing the superiority of stability shoes over neutral running shoes to reduce the risk of injury (independently from the type of pronation of the runner). Accordingly, we recommend focusing on comfort first and foremost.
Is this road shoe suitable for heavy athletes (85 kg/187 lbs or more)?
Only one scientific study at present has observed the link between stack height, risk of injury, and runner’s weight. According to the results of this study, minimalist shoes may increase the risk of injury for runners weighing more than 71 kilograms (157 pounds). The GOrun Forza 4 has a 30 mm sole under the heel (which is pretty thick), so it should fit most runners if not all.
Are these shoes suitable for running a half marathon or marathon?
This Skechers road shoe is very well suited for different types of distances and workouts. It’s especially recommended for daily runs and moderate to long distances. There is no special recommendation for the marathon. If you manage to complete comfortably a few long runs with these shoes then they should be a solid choice for your race.