Saucony Switchback 2
The Saucony Switchback 2 is a good light trail running shoe with low stack cushioning to go fast on moderate terrains.
- Good comfort
- Soft, stable and snappy cushioning
- Light trail shoe
- BOA lacing system is easy to adjust
- Effective grip on moderate terrains
- Foot lockdown not secure enough for technical surfaces
- Upper is not protective enough while lacking breathability
Model: Saucony Switchback 2
- First, the PWRTRAC technology equips the outer part of the sole of the Saucony Switchback 2. It’s a dual density rubber designed to be very sturdy for maximum durability. According to Saucony, PWRTRAC is stronger than the rubbers traditionally used in trail running shoes. Also, the rubber is naturally grippy to tackle technical trails confidently.
- Besides PWRTRAC, the outsole of this trail model also features 3.5 mm lugs that improve traction to run on the most technical terrains. These elements are made of rubber with an aggressive and multidirectional design.
- The midsole features the PWRRUN+ foam technology. It’s a light and responsive TPU and EVA-based foam located along the entire length of the shoe. It protects against stones and other rough patches on trails. This technology also aims to provide a responsive ride with its bouncy nature.
- Also, there’s a woven rock guard that acts as a shield against sharp obstacles on natural terrains. It also allows the shoe to be more robust overall.
- The Saucony Switchback 2 upper translates into an engineered mesh. It’s designed to keep the foot securely locked-in during trail running sessions for optimal comfort. Also, ventilation holes are scattered throughout the mesh to increase airflow and prevent your foot from overheating during exercise, especially in the summer.
- The BOA lacing system replaces traditional laces. The athlete can easily change the pressure around the foot with an adjustment wheel. This technology has been around for several years and has been adopted by many brands.
- Finally, the seamless inner bootie construction is designed to wrap around the foot pleasantly and flexibly. Besides reducing chafing irritation, this configuration makes it easier and quicker to put on and take off the shoe.