Saucony Peregrine 11
The Saucony Peregrine 11 is a reference trail running shoe to tackle the most technical terrains.
The outsole and its lugs are almost identical to those of the P10—and still just as effective! They offer impeccable grip on the most technical surfaces. It's even possible to add ice screws if needed. Besides, there's the ST (Soft Terrain) version for soft surfaces such as mud. It comes with 6.5 mm lugs compared to 5 mm for the standard and GTX versions.
The stack height is higher than before, with 27 mm under the heel and 23 mm under the forefoot. The foam used is still PWRRUN with a similar medium density, slightly firm, cushioning. The midsole absorbs shocks well while still allowing some ground feel. This configuration is beneficial on technical terrain as it provides good stability while ensuring a smooth run.
Finally, like the rest of the shoe, the upper shows no radical change but rather small touches here and there, such as a thicker tongue and a better overlay system. It gives a secure lockdown and adequate ventilation with plenty of toe room—the forefoot part is not as roomy as an Altra, but it will fit most runners.
In summary, the Saucony Peregrine 11 continues to dominate the trail category with a powerful configuration for a wide range of terrains and situations thanks to its outstanding foot lockdown, protection, and grip. The slightly firm cushioning may not appeal to you if you like plush padding, but it's a matter of preference. This model's real weak point (as with its predecessors) is its weight, with 10.9 oz/310 g for men and 9.5 oz/270 g for women. Let's hope Saucony can hear us on that one!
- The very comfortable upper offers an effective lockdown
- Comfortable, stable, and snappy cushioning
- Outstanding grip
- Excellent foot protection
- The firm cushioning may not be suitable for everyone, especially for long distances
Model: Saucony Peregrine 11
- The outsole of the Saucony Peregrine 11 features PWRTRAC, a dual density solid rubber designed for the toughest trails.
- The 5 mm lugs improve the grip on technical terrains. Those rubber parts have a multidirectional and aggressive design.
- The flexible woven rock plate acts as a shield for the foot by protecting it from sharp rocks on challenging surfadces. It also helps to keep the shoe longer by making it more resilient.
- PWRUN is featured on the entire length of the midsole. It’s a lightweight and energetic foam that combines EVA and TPU.
- The Saucony Peregrine 11’s upper features Air Mesh : a featherweight, protective and breathable engineered mesh that provides a targeted and pleasant foot lockdown. It also drains the humidity effectively.
- The Gore-Tex Invisible Fit is an impermeable membrane inside the shoe that repels water and humidity while running for more comfort. Note: it’s only available on the GTX version of the P11.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Is the Saucony Peregrine 11 true to size?
I'm a heavyweight athlete. Can I run in the Saucony Peregrine 11?
Is the Saucony Peregrine 11 a good choice to run an ultramarathon?
Is this model waterproof?
Comparisons – Saucony Peregrine 11 vs:
Saucony Peregrine 10
Apart from the more modern design and the slightly improved upper, there are very few changes from versions 10 to 11. So no reason to break the piggy bank if you can find the P10 for cheap.
Saucony Xodus 10
The Xodus is heavier but offers a softer and higher stack cushioning. The grip is equivalent. Thusm, it’s primarily a matter of personal preference.