Saucony Endorphin Speed
The Saucony Endorphin Speed is a very good running shoe designed for speed with its nylon plate.
Analysis of reviews
- Good comfort overall
- Snappy ride
- Impeccable upper
- Lightweight shoe
- Discreet nylon plate under the foot
- Less versatile than the Endorphin Pro
- Cushioning which can be a little firm depending on your preferences
Model: Saucony Endorphin Speed
- Firstly, there is carbon rubber on the outer part of the Saucony Endorphin Speed’s sole. It’s a robust material that should effectively protect the shoe from wear and tear. It’s also designed to provide a safe grip on the road even in rainy weather.
- The midsole is equipped with the PWRRUN PB cushioning technology. It takes the form of thousands of granules made of PEBA (or Pebax), a low-density, flexible and naturally responsive elastomer. These granules are fused together and surround the sole’s nylon plate. According to the brand, this technology is 20% lighter than traditional TPU materials. It ensures maximum shock dispersion while running for optimal comfort. It also promises to optimal responsiveness to activate a natural bounce while running.
- Also, there’s a nylon plate embedded in the midsole. Softer than a carbon plate, it has the same objective: to stabilize and energize the ride. Thus, the goal is to achieve a more efficient movement and therefore optimal propulsion to go faster with less efforts.
- Finally, there is Speedroll: a sole design that aims to make the foam and nylon plate work together efficiently to achieve fast propulsion through a smooth transition from heel to toe.
- The upper of the Saucony Endorphin Speed features an engineered mesh. It comfortably locks down the foot and increases airflow while running.
- Also, FORMFIT consists of a system of overlays to wrap the foot more snugly for increased stability. FORMFIT is the successor to ISOFIT and translates into a firmer foot lockdown without sacrificing comfort. In addition, this configuration should also contribute to improve the durability of the shoe by reinforcing the upper.
- Finally, the external heel counter maintains the foot securely while running.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Is the fit true to size?
Is the Saucony Endorphin Speed suitable for overpronation runners?
Is this road model suitable for heavy runners (85 kg/187 lbs or more)?
Can I run a marathon with these shoes?
Comparisons – Saucony Endorphin Speed vs :
Saucony Endorphin Pro
The Pro offers more comfortable and bouncy cushioning thanks to its slightly thicker sole and carbon plate for propulsion. Also, it’s slightly lighter than the Speed and offers greater versatility. Overall, the testers found the Speed’s cushioning to be much firmer and more suitable for speed sessions. Then there’s still the price, of course: the Speed costs about $180 (launch price), which is $40 less than the Pro.
Saucony Endorphin Shift
The Shift is the daily trainer in the Endorphin trifecta of 2020. So, logically, it is heavier, with a thicker sole, and does not feature a propulsion plate. Therefore, it’s not an alternative to the Endorphin Speed, but rather a complementary model better suited for long runs and slower paces.