The Reebok Nano X is a good, comfortable, and stable shoe for training in the gym.
Add to compare
Good training shoe – comfortable and stable – designed for cross trainingThe successor of the Reebok Nano 9, the newest Nano model — the Nano X — is already described as an improvement from previous models. It notably features advanced lace-up technology and several redesigned components for enhanced performance. A potentially strong training shoe option, the Reebok Nano X will especially be one to consider for hitting the gym, lifting some weights, and a variety of other fitness activities! The midsole of the Nano X has been designed with high-density foam for absorbing shock, yet is reactive to each jump or bounding movement, moving with the trajectory of the foot. This makes it an ideal shoe for fitness classes, CrossFit workouts, and more! Also, the shoe's re-engineered upper is highly breathable and features a wide toe box to accommodate a variety of foot sizes comfortably. Its lacing system is also notably improved, with an internal lace-up method that limits overlap but still provides foot security. Lastly, the rubber outsole of the Nano X is particularly stable, providing a solid base for heavy lifting and a range of other training sessions. Some notable downsides of the Nano X include its particularly "clunky" design (it is the heaviest iteration of the Nano line to date, with its increased lip on the heel), as well as its lack of tread/grip when running. Of course, while the Nano X can be used as an occasional running shoe, it's primarily designed with gym workouts in mind. Also, let's note that some athletes found the platform a bit rigid, especially in the area around the toes (and despite the spacious shape of the toe box). Overall, we give this shoe a good rating of 9 for its comfort and stability during training sessions.
Value for money
- Good overall comfort
- Stable shoe
- Nice design
- The discreet and efficient lacing system
- Sturdy model
- The platform is a bit stiff, especially the upper around the toes
- A rather heavy shoe
Model: Reebok Nano X
- The Reebok Nano X’s outsole features resistant rubber to protect the plaftorm. The tread also has a special design with shallow grooves to prevent slipping during exercises.
- The area under the forefoot is equipped with the Metasplit technology that consists of a flex point to allow the toes to move in all directions.
- Finally, the part from the heel to the middle of the foot is flat for better stability. The shoe has a low drop, which also contributes to better support, especially during CrossFit sessions.
- The midsole of the Reebok Nano X is made of compression molded EVA foam to provide comfortable cushioning throughout the workout.
- Also, a fimer EVA element wraps the foot near the heel from the sole to the beginning of the upper. This element, found on many gym shoes, is used to prevent wear and tear from abrasion when climbing the rope. It also serves as an external heel counter for a more secure lockdown of the foot.
- The upper of the Reebok Nano X shoe uses the Flexweave technology. This material is soft and stretchy to mimic the comfort of a sock. In addition, it’s naturally breathable to increase airflow inside the shoe, especially when it’s hot and humid in the room.
- The shoe’s eyelets are hidden for a sleeker design while keeping the foot secure.
- The collar also features high-density foam for a more comfortable fit while avoiding irritations and painful pressure points.
- Finally, there are synthetic overlays (especially on the medial and lateral parts of the shoe). They prevent the foot from moving sideways by improving the shoe’s lockdown. Besides, they make the upper more sturdy to keep the shoes longer.
2 reviews for Reebok Nano X
5.0 out of 5
Write a review
Reebok Nano X