Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7
The new Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7 has more cushioning and protection to take on the most technical terrain.
First, the new Terra Kiger is bulkier with a thicker sole and a roomier upper. Sadly, the weight has also gone up. The stack increased by 3 mm and is now 30 mm under the heel. In other words, after flirting with minimalism in its early days, the Terra Kiger has decided to supercharge its cushioning to go the distance. Like the previous model, it features React, Nike's most popular foam right now (alongside ZoomX). This new configuration has the advantage of offering comfortable cushioning in all circumstances. Also, the segmented rock plate provides a high level of protection for added safety. Trail runners note that the TK7 delivers comfortable cushioning while keeping its signature ground feel despite the higher stack. However, they didn't find the ride exceptionally responsive, even with the Zoom Air unit now located under the forefoot for a more effective toe-off.
Next, the outsole features more rubber and larger lugs for a more effective grip. Trailers criticized the non-slip diamond-shaped zone without lugs in previous models for its lack of effectiveness, and Nike has finally addressed the problem. Another improvement is that the rubber under the heel is less rigid, giving greater flexibility for a more stable grip.
Finally, the upper is roomier without sacrificing foot lockdown. The mesh/synthetic configuration with the Dynamic Fit system is secure even on difficult downhill paths.
In summary, the Terra Kiger series takes a new direction with this version 7. More cushioning, more protection, better grip: while some may regret the early lightweight days of the KT, many will be glad to take it for a spin on long and technical terrains.
- Good comfort
- Protective shoe
- Comfortable cushioning with a nice ground feel
- Precise foot lockdown
- Heavier than previous models
Model: Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7
- The sturdy rubber promotes a good grip on rugged terrains.
- The multidirectional lugs increases traction on trail terrains to handle challenging conditions.
- The rigid heel rock plate shields the foot from sharp rocks on uneven trail surfaces. It also increases the resilience of the shoe.
- The midsole is equipped with React: a soft and responsive foam that gives a lively ride during trail runs.
- Zoom Air is a pod of pressurized air that improves shock dispersion for more comfortable and bouncier stride. On the TK7 it’s located under the forefoot.
- The Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7 uses a mesh and synthetic upper that ensures a comfortable and secure foot lockdown with a good airflow, especially when it’s warm outside.
- Dynamic Fit is a midfoot support system that improves comfort and security by eliminating the space between the foot and the mesh.
- The padded heel and collar soften the foothold to enhance instep comfort.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Is the Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7 true to size?
Is the Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7 a shoe for heavyweight athletes?
Is the Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7 recommended to run an ultramarathon?
Comparisons – Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7 vs:
Nike Wildhorse 7
The Terra Kiger 7 is more cushioned than before and looks a lot like the Wildhorse on paper. However, it offers a more stable ride with better grip and protection. We advise you to pick the TK7 over the Wildhorse. See the side-by-side comparison.