Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 6
The Nike Zoom Terra Kiger 6 is a lightweight trail running shoe with moderate and responsive cushioning.
Analysis of reviews
- Good comfort
- Efficient traction
- Responsive cushioning
- Good foot protection despite the light profile of the shoe
- Stylish design
- No lugs in the centre of the outsole (there is a non-slip strip instead)
- Heel a little too rigid according to some runners which differs from the flexibility of the rest of the platform
- For starters, the outsole of the Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 6 trail shoe uses Rubber Pods. One is located under the heel and the other under the forefoot. This positioning aims to improve durability by increasing the solidity of the shoe. In addition, the trailer can tackle the most complicated trails with peace of mind thanks to the effective traction of the sole.
- Then, the outsole of this trail model also features multi-directional lugs. These rubber elements with an aggressive design improve the grip and allow you to tackle the most demanding technical conditions confidently.
- Finally, the segmented rock plate protects the foot from sharp rocks that can be dangerous on trail terrains. It also improves the durability of the shoe. In addition, this special design is supposed to allow for greater flexibility than with a conventional rock guard.
- The midsole features the React cushioning technology. This is a specially soft foam developed by Nike. It protects against rocks and uneven ground. In addition, this technology aims to maximise the energy return for a fun ride on the trails.
- On the other hand, there is the Zoom Air technology that takes the shape of a small flexible plastic unit filled with compressed air that acts as a bouncy cushion. The midsole contains two Zoom Air units: one under the forefoot and one under the heel.
- The upper of the Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 6 uses a technical mesh. It is resistant and offers an effective support of the foot while letting it breathe during the effort.
- In addition, asymmetrical reinforcement layers improve foot support and give structure to the upper to extend the life of the shoe.
- We also note the padded tongue that comfortably holds the top of the foot.
- Finally, the Midfoot Lacing System is a support feature that secures the foot comfortably in the shoe.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Is the Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 6 true to size?
Is this trail shoe suitable for heavy runners (85 kg or more)?
Are these shoes suitable for ultra-trail running?
Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 6 vs Nike Wildhorse 6
The Terra Kiger and Wildhorse are the two main trail running shoes in the Nike collection. However, they have different purposes. With its larger frame and deeper lugs, the Wildhorse is geared towards long outings, even ultra-trail. The Terra Kiger 6, on the other hand, shines with its dynamic and light weight. It’s primarily designed for fast rides.
Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 6 vs Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 36 Trail
These two shoes are equivalent in terms of weight even though the Kiger 6 appears lighter on the foot. The Pegasus Trail is also more padded with 30 mm under the heel compared to 24 mm for the K6. This gives a more comfortable but less agile ride. On the other hand, the Terra Kiger’s fit is more precise, which is reassuring during steep descents. Thus, we recommend the P36 Trail for easy outings and optimal comfort and the K6 for more technical sessions.