Nike Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% Flyknit
The Nike Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% Flyknit is a very good, comfortable, and versatile high-stack trainer with a nylon plate.
- Great comfort
- Very responsive cushioning
- Good versatility: shoe adapted for all speeds
- Snug foot lockdown with a spacious enough toe box
- The upper is a little narrow around the midfoot
- Stability is acceptable considering the maximalist stack height but not as good as with a "regular" running shoe
Specification: Nike Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% Flyknit
Best offersback to menu ↑
- First of all, the outsole of the Nike Air Zoom Tempo Next% Flyknit features durable rubber with a wave-shaped tread pattern. It is found under the heel and forefoot which are areas that are highly exposed to wear. This configuration offers a perfect grip on urban surfaces even in rainy weather.
- Next, the central part of the outsole has exposed foam. We find ZoomX in the midsole and it’s exposed to some extent on the outer part of the sole to offer more comfortable cushioning by limiting the use of rubber. This kind of configuration can reduce the life of the outsole, but overall the ZoomX foam is strong enough to resist the harshness of the road.
- The midsole features the ZoomX cushioning technology. It’s a Pebbax-based foam, a type of thermoplastic elastomer known for its natural flexibility and reactivity. According to Nike, ZoomX is its most technologically advanced foam and is designed to provide an extraordinary energy return while running.
- Also, the React technology is found under the heel. It translates into a specially soft foam developed by Nike.
- Next, the famous Zoom Air technology consists of air pockets filled with pressurized air.
- Last but not least, a nylon plate also equips the midsole. Softer than a carbon plate, it shares the same goal: to improve the propulsion to allow you to go faster with less efforts.
- The upper of the Nike Air Zoom Tempo Next% Flyknit features Flyknit, a lightweight, flexible and breathable kniit technology. It provides an efficient and flexible foot lockdown while allowing a good airflow inside the shoe.
- Also, the embroidered overlays in the midfoot area improve the footlock lockdown and give better structure to the upper to make it more robust.