New Balance FuelCell Rebel v2
The New Balance FuelCell Rebel v2 is sleek, versatile and lightweight running shoe that delivers a soft and fun ride.
The midsole of the Rebel 2 uses FuelCell technology, which runners stated was successful for this model. FuelCell can feel different depending on the shoe, but those who tried the 2 unanimously enjoyed a cushioned and lively ride. The real bonus is that the midsole's softness doesn't feel mushy or overly plush. The shoe's upper is significantly re-engineered and sports a split opening with a separate tongue, which runners found comfortable and flexible. However, the shoe's outsole lost some points due to durability and wear issues, despite providing decent traction.
Ultimately, those who tested the Rebel 2 didn't have many bad things to say about their experience. Some said the shoe was near-perfect; others noted a few small issues, such as insufficient stability, tongue fit, and foot security. The soft midsole is also not recommended for those used to a firmer feel—such runners may find better options elsewhere. Lastly, as mentioned above, the outsole has real durability issues as many testers noted signs of premature wear.
In summation, the New Balance FuelCell 2 is capable of performing for all types of runners. Whether used for slower paces or uptempo runs, the FuelCell 2 is already a fan favorite. We highly recommend it for anyone seeking an all-purpose, soft, forgiving, and snappy shoe to fit all types of runs.
- Great comfort
- Soft and lively cushioning
- Very lightweight
- A versatile shoe suitable that's fun regardless of whether you go fast or slow
- Sleek design
- Stability issues because of the soft foam, lack of structure, and narrow heel
- Several testers noted that the rubber of the outsole wears out quickly
Model: New Balance FuelCell Rebel v2
- Blown rubber: a flexible rubber that ensures a fun ride while protecting the midsole from abrasion.
- The midsole features FuelCell: a soft and lightweight foam that gives a snappy ride. According to the brand, it’s 39% more bouncy than REVlite, another flagship but older cushioning technology of NB.
- The rocker geometry promotes a natural rocking motion to enhance the run.
- Durapontex is an elite grade sockliner that ensures superior comfort by molding to the curve of the foot
- The New Balance FuelCell Rebel v2’s upper features a dual layer flexible engineered mesh that delivers a comfortable and secure foot lockdown while letting the foot breathe, especially when you pick up the pace.