Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21
The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a stable and reliable daily trainer built to last.
Perhaps the most notable feature of the Adrenaline is its stellar midsole. Its DNA Loft and BioMoGo DNA technologies provide the best of both worlds with the perfect balance of comfort and security. The cushioning makes it a great shoe for longer rides and daily use. The upper is breathable and supportive with an updated engineered mesh. Brooks has also continued implementing GuideRails support technology on their stack, extending it to the Adrenaline GTS. It's supposed to ensure that a runner's feet and knees remain aligned, providing as much security as possible. While we generally don't advocate for support shoes in the absence of probing scientific proof, some runners swear by it. Hence, it's definitely an option to consider if you're having difficulty finding comfortable shoes. The outsole's segmented crash pad is sturdy and lends itself to good traction so that runners can enjoy a secure grip on the road.
There's no doubt that the Adrenaline GTS is more than capable of performing as a stability shoe. In fact, it's one of the strongest stability options on the market. That said, runners shouldn't expect a noticeable bounce or lively spring with each stride. Instead, this Brooks model focuses on providing a smooth ride that's durable and reliable for your daily run. It's not recommended for sprints or faster workouts. Some users also suggested that a lower heel drop-off would be preferable.
In summation, the Adrenaline GTS does everything a good, long-distance stability trainer should. In addition to offering steady support, it's great for marathons and recovery days alike. Available at an average price for its caliber, it may just be the shoe for you!
- Good overall comfort
- Steady and smooth ride
- Effective stability support
- Sturdy shoe
- At last under 300 g!
- Somewhat clunky
- The ride is not particularly bouncy
Model: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21
- The outsole of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 uses blown rubber, a soft material that promotes good flexibility to follow the foot movement while running. This part is especially important during the toe off phase of the gait cycle. It also gives a great grip on urban surfaces.
- Omega Flex Grooves help the athlete to transition more smoothly.
- BioMoGo DNA is the flagship foam from Brooks that equips the entire length of the sole. It’s resilient, soft, and made using recycled materials.
- Also, DNA Loft is a soft midsole technology that combines rubber, air and EVA foam to give a comfy underfoot feel.
- Guide Rails Holistic Support System: a stability feature that supports the athlete’s foot to prevent a too great outward rolling motion (overpronation).
- The Segmented Crash Pad is a special zone that enhances shock dispersion and fluidify the movement
- The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21’s upper is an engineered mesh that gives a comfortable and secure foot lockdown while offering good ventilation.
- 3D Fit Print is a seamless system of overlays that optimizes foot lockdown.
- The heel counter improves foothold and avoids slippage.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Does the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 fit true to size?
I have overpronation. Are the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 good for me?
I weigh more than 187 lbs/85 kg. Can I run in these shoes?
Is the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 a good choice to run a marathon?
Comparisons – Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 vs:
Brooks Ghost 13
See the side-by-side comparison.