Asics Gel Pulse 11
- Good general comfort
- Comfortable and responsive cushioning
- Good foot lockdown
- Sturdy and affordable model
- Slightly narrow, especially in the forefoot area
- Heavy shoe
Model: Asics Gel Pulse 11
Discover the latest model: Asics Gel Pulse 12
- The outsole of the Asics Gel Pulse 11 uses Asics High-Abrasion Rubber (AHAR). AHAR is renowned for its rugged durability when running on asphalt. Thus, it’s supposed to improve the lifespan of the shoe.
- On the other hand, blown rubber equips the sole under the forefoot. Lighter and softer than AHAR, this material improves the flexibility of the sole for a smoother ride. Thus, the foot has greater freedom of movement, especially during the push phase of the stride, when the foot propels the body.
- Finally, the entire outer part of the sole is grippy for optimal traction on urban surfaces, even in rainy weather.
- The misdole of the shoe features AmpliFoam. It’s a new cushioning technology developed by Asics and launched within the Gel Pulse range. It aims to effectively absorb shocks for a more comfortable run. Also, it aims to offer a good energy return to ensure a bouncy ride.
- The SpevaFoam 45 Lasting design completes the configuration for optimal padding with the right amount of structure to make the ride more reactive.
- Also, there’s the GEL technology. It takes the form of soft silicon pads located under the heel and under the forefoot. This flagship technology of the Japanese brand has been around for many years now and effectively absorbs impacts while running.
- Besides, the EVA Trusstic System and Guidance Line technologies are designed to guide the runner towards a more natural stride by slightly stabilizing their movement while running. However, this model is for neutral pronation and is therefore not specifically designed for runners with overpronation or supination.
- Finally, an EVA foam insole completes the cushioning of the shoe. It follows the shape of the foot for optimal comfort.
- The upper of the Asics Gel Pulse 11 translates into a classic engineered mesh. It’s flexible and offers good foot lockdown. It’s also well ventilated for a good aeration of the foot throughout the effort.
- There are also overlays in the midfoot and forefoot to improve lockdown. This configuration helps preserve the shape of the shoe to prevent it from collapsing over time.
- Finally, the upper features a double mesh layer in the upper heel to keep the foot secure without irritating the Achilles tendon.