Adidas Adizero Boston 9
The Adidas Adizero Boston 9 is a very good lightweight, comfortable and versatile road running shoe.
- Great comfort
- Impeccable foot lockdown
- Lightweight shoe
- Versatile: suitable for tempo sessions as well as easy runs
- Fits big (expect to size down by one full size below your usual one)
- Not everyone likes the addition of Lightstrike foam
- Firstly, there is Continental in the outsole of the Adidas Adizero Boston 9. It’s a rubber with excellent wear resistance used in bicycle and car tires. Also, the athlete can tackle the roads efficiently even in rainy weather thanks to the shoe’s flawless traction.
- The Stretchweb> technology also equips the outsole of this road running model. It results in a multitude of traction nodes connected by interstices. The aim of this design is to improve the traction of the shoe while maximizing its flexibility to best adapt to the movement of the foot.
- The midsole uses Boost cushioning technology that translates into a multitude of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) granules fused together to support the foot during running. Its purpose is to provide maximum shock dispersion throughout the run for greater comfort. Besides, this platform promises a natural bounce for a more snappy ride.
- Then, there is Energy Rails technology. It’s a frame that gives structure to the Boost foam and supports the foot for better stability.
- Also, the Torsion System is a TPU unit that allows the heel and forefoot to move independently for better balance while running.
- Finally, the insole adapts to the anatomy of the foot and completes the cushioning of the shoe.
- The upper of the Adidas Adizero Boston 9 uses a double-layer open mesh. This is designed to keep the foot securely in place during running sessions for optimal comfort. In addition, its open texture allows the foot to breathe and prevents excessive perspiration during exercise.
- Lastly, Coolever Mesh is an inner lining that aims to keep the foot cool and dry by effectively absorbing moisture and controlling heat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is the Adidas Adizero Boston 9 true to size?
This road shoe uses a regular sizing chart. However, runners who have tried it notice that it fits rather big and that they had to choose a size below their usual size. It’s one of those shoes that is best to try in-store to avoid surprises.
Is the Adizero Boston 9 suitable for runners who overpronate?
This shoe is a neutral running shoe. Thus, it is designed to adapt to all users regardless of their type of pronation. It doesn’t feature any particular correction to avoid supination or excessive pronation. In any case, it should be noted that stability shoes for overpronation are no more effective than universal shoes in limiting the risk of injury. We, therefore, recommend that you select your shoes according to their comfort, the most important criterion. In other words, you can use this model even if you overpronate, as long as it is comfortable.
Is this road model suitable for heavy athletes (85 kg/187 lbs or more)?
Only one study to date has observed the relationship between the stack height, risk of injury, and weight. According to the results of this study, minimalist footwear can increase the risk of injury for athletes weighing more than 71 kg (157 lbs). The Adizero Boston 9 has a moderately thick sole so it should be suitable for most runners regardless of their weight.
Is it possible to run a marathon with these shoes?
This Adidas road shoe is suitable for different types of training and distances. You can wear it during your daily sessions, of all types. As far as the marathon is concerned, it depends above all on your preferences. If you find this shoe comfortable for your long runs, then it should be a good choice for your race.