Nike, a running brand at the forefront of technology
The famous American brand with the distinctive Swoosh based in Beaverton, Oregon, needs no introduction. Although it became a worldwide sensation with its Air Max lifestyle sneakers, Nike has its roots in running. It all began in 1972 with the release of the Nike Cortez, a leather running shoe with high stack cushioning and a notable drop. This emblematic model of the brand (popularized notably with the film Forrest Gump) has since become a fashion icon within the Nike collection, but others have taken over.
Nike stands out from the competition through its investment in scientific research, symbolized by its laboratory: Nike Explore Team Sport Research Lab. Many of its flagship technologies were born there like, for example:
- Air: in 1977, the brand had the brilliant idea of adding a pocket of pressurized air to the sole of its shoes. The rest is history. Air has equipped many models since then, from running shoes to sneakers.
- Lunarlon: a cushioning system in the midsole made of two foams of different densities. Lunarlon is thus supposed to offer a soft, reactive, and light running feeling.
- Flyknit: lightweight, abrasion-resistant knit woven in such a way as to keep the foot secure while optimizing airflow inside the shoe while running. The result is a light upper with a sleek design that often features a blend of gradient colors.
- Flywire: filaments that imitate the principle of a suspension bridge. They improve foot support and even out the pressure of the laces around the foot.
- Zoom: latest generation cushioning technology inspired by aerospace, Zoom was developed especially for the Breaking 2 project that aimed to run a marathon in less than two hours. Zoom is a light, soft, and hyper-reactive foam with an 85% energy return according to Nike. The Zoom Vaporfly were the first shoes to be equipped with Zoom foam. In 2018, Nike launched a new version of its foam with the Nike Zoom Pegasus Turbo: ZoomX.
Nike promo codes
Visit this page to find out all the currently valid coupon codes.